SAS Who dares wins

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
For those who don't want to be hunted, they can now be beasted in the jungle. At least it appears that cavers are on the minds of TV companies which is no bad thing.  Forwarded by the DCA for wider circulation.

I work for Minnow Films, a multi-award winning independent production company based in London, renowned for making sensitive and intelligent films across a wide range of subjects.

Following the success of the first series broadcast late last year, we are producing the second series of SAS: Who Dares Wins, for Channel 4. This time we will take a new group of ordinary men through the jungle phase of the selection process; arguably the most physically challenging and psychologically demanding part of the selection process. Once again, the course will be designed and run by ex Special forces soldiers and based on their experience of the Special Forces selection process. As with the first series, the key aim of this series is authenticity. We want to deliver genuine insight into what it takes ? both mentally and physically ? to join the Special Forces. The series is due to be screened on Channel 4 at prime-time towards the end of 2016. For more information, please see this page on our website: http://www.minnowfilms.co.uk/in-production/SAS_2-Who_Dares_Win.html

As with the first series, this series will need men to apply who are in peak physical and mental fitness, and who are willing to undergo ten intense days of grueling physical and psychological tests. This is where I hoped you might be able to help.

With members of the Derbyshire Caving Association seemingly people who are passionate about fitness and pushing themselves to the limit, it would be great to have a conversation with you to find out if you would be willing to spread the word via your organisation about this series, to see if any of your members would be interested. I?m sure you will agree that it is a unique opportunity that a lot of your followers might want to get involved in.

We are currently at the early stages of casting and we are really keen on casting a wide range of people to make up the group of recruits from all different backgrounds and professions in order to reflect the diversity in the country, so we are spreading our reach as wide as possible.

cap n chris

Are you sure they know what many UK cavers are like?

235BF67A00000578-2844279-image-27_1416585110597.jpg

Dickie

Hey Tim

Remember what Capt John Salmon said to us at the Nare, "You chaps would make excellent special forces - but none of you bastards would fight, would you!"

For those who don't want to be hunted, they can now be beasted in the jungle. At least it appears that cavers are on the minds of TV companies which is no bad thing.  Forwarded by the DCA for wider circulation.

I work for Minnow Films, a multi-award winning independent production company based in London, renowned for making sensitive and intelligent films across a wide range of subjects.

Following the success of the first series broadcast late last year, we are producing the second series of SAS: Who Dares Wins, for Channel 4. This time we will take a new group of ordinary men through the jungle phase of the selection process; arguably the most physically challenging and psychologically demanding part of the selection process. Once again, the course will be designed and run by ex Special forces soldiers and based on their experience of the Special Forces selection process. As with the first series, the key aim of this series is authenticity. We want to deliver genuine insight into what it takes ? both mentally and physically ? to join the Special Forces. The series is due to be screened on Channel 4 at prime-time towards the end of 2016. For more information, please see this page on our website: http://www.minnowfilms.co.uk/in-production/SAS_2-Who_Dares_Win.html

As with the first series, this series will need men to apply who are in peak physical and mental fitness, and who are willing to undergo ten intense days of grueling physical and psychological tests. This is where I hoped you might be able to help.

With members of the Derbyshire Caving Association seemingly people who are passionate about fitness and pushing themselves to the limit, it would be great to have a conversation with you to find out if you would be willing to spread the word via your organisation about this series, to see if any of your members would be interested. I?m sure you will agree that it is a unique opportunity that a lot of your followers might want to get involved in.

We are currently at the early stages of casting and we are really keen on casting a wide range of people to make up the group of recruits from all different backgrounds and professions in order to reflect the diversity in the country, so we are spreading our reach as wide as possible.

Jenny P

Interestingly I've heard nothing about this so, if it was "... Forwarded by the DCA for wider circulation ...", where did it come from?

None of the DCA Officers have mentioned this to me and I certainly haven't been approached as DCA Secretary, so I'm puzzled.

Jenny Potts,
DCA Hon. Sec.

pwhole

Dogging Tales is hilarious - I strongly recommend it. Especially one scene where the instigator of an unlikely threesome suddenly find himself with another strange guy to contend with, and just ends up saying "I want to go home now"...

However, they can keep their SAS-based programmes, IMO. There's more than enough 'military-industrial complex/strong arm of the law' dressed up as light entertainment on TV already for my tastes.