Wookey Hole Open Again for Cave Diving

gavinnewman

Wookey Hole is now reopen for diving again following the show caves work to mine a tunnel from Chamber 9 through to Chamber 20.  The tunnel is now completed and Chamber 20 open to the public. Access is through the usual system of booking with Dany Bradshaw and then signing in at the caves.  Please be aware of the following points:
Wookey Hole Caves have asked us to consider that Chamber 20 is now part of the showcave and access to dive doesnt also mean we have access to explore in Chamber 20. They have promised to put in place an arrangement for dry cavers who wish to visit 20 but at this time it is not open to cavers or divers. Obviously we can surface in 19 and get out the water if you feel the need but please don't go through the boulders and out into 20 at this time. 
All divers should be aware there is currently a lot of silt in the system between 3 and the slot beyond 9 due to the blasting so be prepared for a zero viz exit.
The lower 'Loop' route from 9:1 to 9:2 is currently blocked and should be avoided. The higher 'Extension' route is open as usual. 
If you're interested in the tunnelling project I've been filming it for a future documentary and you can see a short teaser of the footage here: http://youtu.be/xaUEwMszrYE

Safe diving. Gavin.'

Simon Beck

I don't think further digs at Psychocrawler are really necessary... The majority of those who spoke critically of him, for his comment, were no doubt buried quite deeply up the arses of the wookey organisation anyway, so I doubt he took any of it for granted..

graham

Simon Beck said:
I don't think further digs at Psychocrawler are really necessary... The majority of those who spoke critically of him, for his comment, were no doubt buried quite deeply up the arses of the wookey organisation anyway, so I doubt he took any of it for granted..

Or, just possibly they understand what happens on Mendip and aren't complete t***s.

menacer

bagfight.gif