Calling Skoda Yeti drivers

Pitlamp

I just sold my Yeti but I've kept some boards I made to board out the boot & keep it clean (as it was always having caving gear chucked in). The boards fit together and slot over those gimmicky carrier bag rails in the back, such that they can be easily removed. They are designed to go in a Yeti which has a space saver wheel & platform installed (so they'd not fit a Yeti which doesn't have the space saver wheel). Nowt fancy but it'd save you some time if you were considering making your own.

Does anyone want these made up boards, before I use the plywood for other jobs?
Send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a picture of them in situ.
(Collect from the west side of the Dales.)

Alex

Oh, I could do with those, saves getting the boot muddy. What made you get rid of your Yeti? Could you send me a picture please?

Pitlamp

OK Alex - will send you an image in the morning. (I'm pretty sure I have your email address; if you don't hear from me in the morning, send a PM with your address.)

Yetis are good cars but very complicated. Lots to go wrong and very expensive to mend. Loads of tech on the dashboard yet no boot light!
4x4 capability is very good but ground clearance isn't up to that of a full on 4x4. (The ramp breakover angle isn't the best around.)
Extremely well designed seating arrangement (very versatile) and extremely easy and relaxing to drive a long distance, with a particularly good audio system. But I don't do long distance very often whereas I'm usually on rough stuff or on very wintry roads here in the Dales. Good for kipping in and can fit in a seriously impressive amount of gear.

I wouldn't dissuade anyone from buying a Yeti; it's just that it's not the ideal vehicle for me. It'd be high on my list for a replacement car in the future but not the highest for me at the moment.

bograt

Pitlamp said:
OK Alex - will send you an image in the morning. (I'm pretty sure I have your email address; if you don't hear from me in the morning, send a PM with your address.)

Yetis are good cars but very complicated. Lots to go wrong and very expensive to mend. Loads of tech on the dashboard yet no boot light!
4x4 capability is very good but ground clearance isn't up to that of a full on 4x4. (The ramp breakover angle isn't the best around.)
Extremely well designed seating arrangement (very versatile) and extremely easy and relaxing to drive a long distance, with a particularly good audio system. But I don't do long distance very often whereas I'm usually on rough stuff or on very wintry roads here in the Dales. Good for kipping in and can fit in a seriously impressive amount of gear.

I wouldn't dissuade anyone from buying a Yeti; it's just that it's not the ideal vehicle for me. It'd be high on my list for a replacement car in the future but not the highest for me at the moment.

From this description, a classic 'Chelsea Tractor'---- :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

zomjon

Didn't a certain disgraced presenter, show it to be the greatest car ever in his usual inimitable style

bograt

zomjon said:
Didn't a certain disgraced presenter, show it to be the greatest car ever in his usual inimitable style

He never used it to tow a trailer round our fields in winter --  :LOL: :LOL:

bograt

ZombieCake said:
So, can this type of car be used to transport enough equipment that may be used to Diggy....  ;)

Hmm,  :-\ :-\ could certainly transport enough Dwarfs, but getting Mr. Pole up to Eldon --??  :-\ :-\

Pitlamp

Oh yes - I'd forgotten about that review by a certain "disgraced presenter"; these people just don't seem to live in the real world do they? I mean, the review was favourable - but, incredibly, I never seemed to have found the need to park a helicopter on the top of my own Yeti.

Top Gear should employ potholers as presenters, then we'd get more realistic reviews of cars.

Pitlamp

Alex - I sent you an email early this morning. Haven't had a reply but it didn't bounce so I'm assuming the address still works. You've probably been out caving.

If it's not there when you next check your emails send me a PM on here.