Ragman Vein info, MQ

dom

Just wondered if anyone knew of any maps or details regarding the Ragman Vein in Minera Quarry? The westward entrance (where the vein is chopped in half by the small quarry) has now been enlarged, meaning that those that aren't built like a ferret can now get in there! So I duly did, but only got as far as the entrance to a lower series which looked a little hazardous solo. Would be interested to know if it is worth pursuing. Only online info I can find is Wirral's trip several years ago.

On a related note, while in a ridiculously obscure part of that same quarry, I noticed that there is actually a large entrance high and directly above the Ragman entrance (both sides), presumably an upper series of the same vein.  Just for info, in case anyone is interested.

paulc

Hi Dom, send Dave Tyson from the Wirral caving group an email from the WCG website because I know that he has made numerous trips in since the website was last updated last in 2015 or 16 and if anyone can throw some light on it then he is probably your man :)

dom

Haha Dave is always the right man! (Had to say that Dave as I am sure you'll be reading this!)

Already talking to him but he doesn't have a survey/plan.