Water blaster for digging

Goydenman

In Church pot Gargett Way we have managed to install 120m of flat hose. At one end attached to a traffic cone that is positioned under a waterfall at the other attached to hastily made plastic tubing and connectors that bring it down from 4" diam to 1 1/2" diam. The waterfall is several metres above Church pot entrance and then the hose goes all way down Church pot and into the dig. With that head of water there is a good pressure at the dig end. We were pleasantly surprised how easy it was to install, how effective it is and great fun installing it and directing the jet from the 'master blaster' at the dig. can't wait to see what progress is made upon our return.
1512209_781640655181625_5300376722566712665_o.jpg

Want also to show water blaster - How do I adjust the size of the photo?

paul

Goydenman said:
1512209_781640655181625_5300376722566712665_o.jpg

Want also to show water blaster - How do I adjust the size of the photo?

Just add a 'width' and 'height' in the
Code:
[img height=200 width=200]
tags.

TheBitterEnd

You can just set one or width or height -
Code:
[img width=500]
that way your picture will maintain it's aspect ratio

:sneaky:

JasonC

Fantastic piece of work - but are you blasting into the pit at the end of Gargett Way ?  If so, where will the water/muck drain to ?

Anyway, it's a great idea  :clap: :clap:

peterk

In the Kingsdale master cave we constructed a spear to go on the pipe - steam pipe with a V shaped piece of 6mm plate welded to the end as the point and the water jetted out either side of the tip.  A 12" piece of pipe was welded at the other end for easier pushing/twisting.

The big benefit was that at the end of the day you pushed the pipe into the sediments and when you came back you had another 12 feet of passage for free.

You also need to clean your "drain" if pebbles are being mined because they can start a blockage that turns into a sand dam.

p.s. If Clint Eastwood turns up in a dog collar tell him it's not your gold mine

Goydenman

JasonC said:
Fantastic piece of work - but are you blasting into the pit at the end of Gargett Way ?  If so, where will the water/muck drain to ?

Anyway, it's a great idea  :clap: :clap:

Blasting the bedding beyond the pit and the water is flowing away to join the stream that flows to the Turf. When it briefly flooded into the pit we did notice it drained Way straight away which was encouraging. Might use it in the pit when a way through has been dug.

Goydenman

peterk said:
In the Kingsdale master cave we constructed a spear to go on the pipe - steam pipe with a V shaped piece of 6mm plate welded to the end as the point and the water jetted out either side of the tip.  A 12" piece of pipe was welded at the other end for easier pushing/twisting.

The big benefit was that at the end of the day you pushed the pipe into the sediments and when you came back you had another 12 feet of passage for free.

You also need to clean your "drain" if pebbles are being mined because they can start a blockage that turns into a sand dam.

p.s. If Clint Eastwood turns up in a dog collar tell him it's not your gold mine

Useful stuff thanks.

Bottlebank

Goydenman said:
peterk said:

Useful stuff thanks.

Pretty sure said spear currently resides in my garage - can't remember how it got there though - if I can find it I can always send you a photo. As Pete says it worked beautifully.

owd git

Great post, thanks Goydenman, makes me think summat similar would be great to clean Jugholes beehive.
Discuss;
Ric.

bograt

owd git said:
Great post, thanks Goydenman, makes me think summat similar would be great to clean Jugholes beehive.
Discuss;
Ric.

Don't recall that much water in Jug Holes :-\

Goydenman

Bottlebank - photo would be interesting to see. Owd git is there a stream to access can't remember one?

AR

owd git said:
Discuss;
Ric.

Much as I'd like to see them wedding-cake white,I think we're many decades too late with the beehives Ric -  the mud will long since have been incorporated into new flowstone and the little stream down at the bottom wouldn't supply much water. You'd need to pump from some of the mines lower down the hill....

jonnyrocketboots

owd git said:
Discuss;
Ric.
And my van after a days digging with Goydenman and the guys!
good work chaps looking forward to the next push on the 31st!

Bottlebank

Goydenman said:
Bottlebank - photo would be interesting to see. Owd git is there a stream to access can't remember one?

Would like to oblige but can't find it. It was a long time ago, or perhaps someone else has it.

I'm sure PeteK should be able to help with the design.