BCA online opt in

cavermark

I just tried to "opt in" to receive BCA emails after reading the other thread about it. It requested a username and password then didn't recognise my email so I gave up.

How about emailing all members explaining the opt in/out system and how to do it? [emoji6]

cavermark

Or make it an option  at membership renewal time (on the form perhaps) to opt in/out of emails/state that u never use the Internet? 

Bottlebank

I had the same problem.

When I registered it sent me several emails, buried in one was a five digit number (I think this was my BCA number from my green card) which I had to use as username.

Worked OK after that.

Cookie

cavermark said:
Or make it an option  at membership renewal time (on the form perhaps) to opt in/out of emails/state that u never use the Internet?

:idea: Such a good idea it has already been done for DIMs  ;)

For CIMs that's an extra burden on the Clubs to ask them to track an opt-in/out. Membership renewals is enough work already without being made more complicated. Asking the clubs,  if they are willing, to provide email addresses (which they probably collect already) and then asking individuals to complete the process online is a better solution.

Cookie

cavermark said:
I just tried to "opt in" to receive BCA emails after reading the other thread about it. It requested a username and password then didn't recognise my email so I gave up.

How about emailing all members explaining the opt in/out system and how to do it? [emoji6]

Hi Mark, I just checked. Your email address isn't in the system.

Since you are a DIM the best thing to do is email me as per the details here.

Cookie

cavermark said:
Thanks. Sorry if I sounded critical btw, I know you do a huge amount of work and it's thankless :)

No worries. Just glad you took the trouble to have a look.  :)

Pitlamp

cavermark said:
Thanks. Sorry if I sounded critical btw, I know you do a huge amount of work and it's thankless :)

I'd just like to say a heart felt thanks to those who do all this work for my benefit.

There you are cavermark - your last few words are wrong!  ;)