Cave Diving Group of Great Britain turns 70

christine

:clap:
:beer:

Sorry it's a bit late, I hit the ground running after the event but promised I would do a report...

2016 marks the 70th anniversary of the Cave Diving Group of Great Britain (CDG) and each year the group rotates around the four regional sections to host the AGM and dinner.
This year it was our turn in Derbyshire and as I'm a bit of an old hand at doing these, took on the job of running the 70th anniversary dinner which followed the AGM.

With help from friends and members, the do was well attended and everyone enjoyed themselves immensely, judging by the sore heads the next morning!

We were pleased to have some leading lights at the event, such as Rick Stanton MBE  (he's on first name terms now with the corgis), Jason Mallinson, Martyn Farr and Geoff Yeadon.

Martin Grass kept us suitably entertained throughout the evening and Clive Westlake gave a historical talk with some not-often-seen photos of the beginnings of the group in South Wales 70 years ago.

Here are some photos of the event and congratulations to the CDG on 70 years of cave exploration!
Here's to the next 70...... :beer:

Commemorative coasters of the event, thanks to Rob Murgatroyd

Ash bags the top prize of a brand new regulator, courtesy of Apeks

CDG Chairman Brian 'Scoff' Schofield receives his raffle prize of a photo of Wookey 24, from Geoff Yeadon who discovered it. Scoff then begged me to swap it for a photo of Boreham - which Geoff also found - who took great pleasure in informing me: "I've been there!"  ::)

Clive gives his history lesson

A common sight in Castleton - divers and cavers set off underground

Back to business Sunday morning