Access to Hafna Mine, Gwydyr Forest

Dave Tyson

Cave access Limited are pleased to announce that Hafna Mine in the Gwydyr Forest has been added to list of sites in the NRW - CAL agreement. Please see the CAL site for further details:

http://www.caveaccess.co.uk

CAL are very grateful to NRM for allowing access to this interesting site with some potential for new discoveries.

Dave

Andyj23UK

on a practical note - how does one get in the mine - have the locks on the gates been replaced with " derbyshire key " fastners ??

i nonly ask - because last time i was there - recce // look at surface features - there were padlocks everywhere

Dave Tyson

Andyj23UK said:
on a practical note - how does one get in the mine - have the locks on the gates been replaced with " derbyshire key " fastners ??

i nonly ask - because last time i was there - recce // look at surface features - there were padlocks everywhere

There is no lock on it at present. It may be necessary to fit a derbyshire key arrangement in the future, but CAL will have to talk to NRW before this happens. The deep water (ca 1m) at the end of the pipe will deter the average member of the public from continuing :)

Dave