Rope found in Swinsto Hole

kirky-p

Was doing a pull through in Swinsto on Sat 29th and found an abandoned rope on the big ledge half way down split pitch, not your usual caving rope.  If it's yours, message with a description and I'll organise returning it  :)

Umberto Nobile

If this is an old purple 9mm climbing rope, feel free to put it to whatever use you have for it. This was lost on a figure of 8 through trip in august.

Alex

Yeh I came across this ages ago myself. it was jammed in the crab at the top, so I de-rigged it before someone tried prussicing it as the lower pitch was rigged, I could see a potential accident. I did not know who's it was so I left it on the ledge hoping the owner would retrieve it as I had no space in my bag.

Then I completely forgot about it, as its kind of routine for me to come across a rope jammed on that pitch.

topcat

Alex said:
Then I completely forgot about it, as its kind of routine for me to come across a rope jammed on that pitch.

The split pitch yes?  As it seems common to have problems here, do you know if the issues arise when not splitting the pitch, or does the rope tend to jam even if you split at the ledge?

Alex

Sorry I meant to say it was jammed in the anchor at the top (there was no crab).