Loose bolt

Jon daniels

Trip into rhino rift this morning 28th Nov , 0n the last pitch on the alternative side , so the right hand side looking down the right hand p hanger ( resin ) on the y hang so the second to last bolt is alarmingly loose it moves left to right quarter of an inch and pulls out about the same
Can this be reported to the appropriate people on the mendip area ?

Cheers Jon

Simon Wilson

P100%20A%20loose%20anchor-horz_zpsmauatniz.jpg

traff

That's helpful......

So are you saying you drove down to the Mendips and extracted said loose bolt about 30mins after it was posted or merely suggesting that whilst it may be loose they still take a lot of force to remove?

TLH

We were in there last weekend and the second pitch on the direct route also has a loose one. To the left of the large plate on the lower Y. We did report it to a mendiper but we just backed up again to the metal plate.

cap n chris

Jon daniels said:
Trip into rhino rift this morning 28th Nov , 0n the last pitch on the alternative side , so the right hand side looking down the right hand p hanger ( resin ) on the y hang so the second to last bolt is alarmingly loose it moves left to right quarter of an inch and pulls out about the same
Can this be reported to the appropriate people on the mendip area ?

Cheers Jon

Due process. Use this link:
http://cscc.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=equipment:start

Jon daniels

Cheers for that , not in a position to print off etc at the moment so I'll sort it when back home but just rob make you guys aware .

Jon daniels

traff said:
That's helpful......

So are you saying you drove down to the Mendips and extracted said loose bolt about 30mins after it was posted or merely suggesting that whilst it may be loose they still take a lot of force to remove?

Not sure what you mean matey I've not extracted anything I have not idea what that picture relates to nothing to do with us , nothing has been removed I'm merely trying to be helpful and point out to the locals if it's not known that you have a loose bolt!
Regards

traff

Jon daniels said:
traff said:
That's helpful......

Not sure what you mean matey I've not extracted anything I have not idea what that picture relates to nothing to do with us , nothing has been removed I'm merely trying to be helpful and point out to the locals if it's not known that you have a loose bolt!
Regards

Sorry, my post wasn't directed at you. You are clearly doing the right thing.  :)

My post was directed to Simon Wilson's picture because without explanation it proved no help at all.

Simon Wilson

I apologise. I assumed the photos would need no explanation. They were simply intended to show how I am dealing with loose anchors in the Dales.