Help save Beddgelert Forest Campsite

Laurie

New closing date.....

Dear All,

Thank you for signing the petition Save Beddgelert Forest campsite.  I just wanted to let you know that the date this proposal will be considered by the Snowdonia National Park Planning Committee has been postponed from 1-March to 5-April.  That means we still have time to get more people to sign the petition - so please keep sharing the link and let's get it over 3000 ! 

There have been two major changes to the proposal in the last few days:

Forest Holidays no longer plan to drain the hot tubs directly to the forest floor, but will now install an additional treatment works to process the foul water. 
The proposed number of cabins has been reduced from 25 to 19.
We only discovered this yesterday and have yet to fully understand the implications - though it would seem that there'll just be even fewer people able to use the site - and a corresponding increase in the impact to the local community.

There's still a very clear lack of awareness about the proposal amongst the caravanning and camping fraternity.  We've spent some time recently talking to the more hardy users who stayed there over half-term and only one person was aware of the application.  Without exception, all the people we spoke to were quite indignant that access to a site in such a great location could be lost.  It's no surprise that Forest Holidays decided not to talk to the same people - though their reason that "it was the height of summer and would disrupt the staying experience" is laughable.

We've had great advice and support from our local MP (Liz Saville Roberts) and she's promised to write to the National Park letting them know our concerns.  We've also benefitted from the support of campaigners from Thorpe and Fineshade Wood who have experience of opposing similar Forest Holidays developments.

To all of you who have supported us ? a massive thank you !  Please keep sharing the link to the petition and really importantly, please use this link to register your objections with the National Park (click on "Comment on this Application").  Individual objections count for more than a signature on a petition, so if you have time, please do let the National Park have your comments ! 

I will keep you updated with progress.

Regards,

David Lloyd

TheBitterEnd

Signed! We have had some great times there including 4 days of sunshine in Snowdonia in February :eek:

Don't let it close

RobinGriffiths

Some extension on decision date. I though Forestry Commission had been replaced by Natural Resource Wales?

Signed as I don't think that an appropriate development for the area.

Alkapton

Strange, I'm a 38 Degree regular and they did not email me about this, so I only found it here.  Would have thought 38 Degrees would have emailed me.