Darfar pothole club

markpot

Are the darfar still active?website seems  to be down.would like to get in contact if anyone has any contact details of any past members.we lost a real gold mine when Mel passed away.any help appreciated.

AR

They disbanded after Mel died, but some of them are still active in the area. I do have some contact details somewhere, I think - I'll try and find them.

Paul_T_Shep

Hijacking the post slightly - but I live quite close to the manifold valley, and it is a caving area I am keen to get more knowledge and experience of - if any of you guys are planning trips in the area when it is suitable, would be great if you gave me a shout!

Paul_T_Shep

I live in Leek zomjon so cave in the peaks reasonably regularly - just done very little in the manifold area and would be keen to explore the valley!

Jenny P

I have copies of some publications by the Darfar Pothole Club and its predecessors (DPC is the last of several name changes).  This includes Journals, a "Guide to the Caves of the Manifold Valley" and various other Newsletters, etc.  I am going to place all these in the British Caving Library (based at Glutton Bridge, near Buxton), so that they will be available for reference.

I also have electronic copies of some of the DPC publications, which I am intending to print out to add to the collection at BCL.

You can contact the BCL via its website:  caving-library.org.uk

Jenny Potts,
BCL Library Co-ordinator