Manifesto for Sport and Recreation

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
General Election 2017: Putting sport and recreation at the heart of an active nation
Making a commitment to sport and recreation

The forthcoming election on 8 June 2017 represents an important opportunity for the next Government to make a commitment to putting sport and recreation at the heart of an active nation.

Participating and volunteering in sport and recreation has enormous benefits to us as individuals and as a society: it improves our physical and mental wellbeing, brings communities together by breaking down barriers and supports employment and economic growth. Sport and recreation provides the best preventative solution to many of the critical public policy challenges the country faces ? including obesity, social exclusion and physical and mental health problems. This is why it must be a key policy tool of any incoming Government and must be funded appropriately so that the power of sport and recreation can be harnessed to change lives and transform communities.

Read more  http://www.sportandrecreation.org.uk/policy/the-alliance-in-parliament/manifesto-for-sport-and-recreation

JasonC

With the greatest respect, you're wasting your time - all we're going to hear about for the next month is br-fecking-exit :(

But full marks for trying...

cavemanmike

That's the kind of attitude that is endemic in this country.
Everything is a waste of time doom and gloom,
If it wasn't for the pro-active go getters I  the world we would still be
Cavemen  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Carving wheels out of(lime) stone
I totally agree with Tim , every little helps

Jenny P

I agree with Tim as well.  Everything is worth following up since you never know what might finally produce results.