Loose Rock in Rowter Hole?

pwhole

I got to the TSG Chapel this morning to find a sketch on our blackboard - I think from a team from Cardiff Uni, as they were planning a quick trip into Rowter Hole the other day when we left - with some text saying that there had been a fall of rock onto the Hypothermia traverse rope, with a skull-and-crossbones next to it - I assume that means it's very dodgy. I have no other info to back this up or not, but I thought I should just mention it in case anyone is planning a trip in there. I'm guessing that it may be rubble from the top of the short rope pitch into the upper chamber, but it could also be vein chunks from the roof, which is considerably higher. If anyone who was on that trip could post here, it would be great.

RTurnbull

Hi pwhole,

We meant to post on here after the trip. As the blackboard suggests, the two traverse ropes was entirely 'submerged' in some hefty boulders and loose gravel close to the end P bolt. The climb here was full of loose debris that showered each time you touched the up rope. I was less inclined to climb it, although I'm not sure what the cave/activity here is usually like.

pwhole

I don't remember the top of the pitch into the upper chamber being particularly dodgy - loose gravel and stones, sure, but I don't remember seeing 'hefty boulders'. I wonder if it's the section at the bottom of the pitch that's collapsed, rather than the top?