Glastonbury 2017

Mark Wright

Glastonbury 2017 is about to kick off and cavers representing no less than 5 national caving clubs, CDG and CRO teams will be heading down there later in the week offering their services to the cause, although how Dany Bradshaw passed the interview for 'Meet & Greet' I'll never know. I Spect it just required a special handshake.

Angela and me are off in the morning for the traditional Sunday afternoon workers pre-festival tent pitching ceremony. I've got 12 to pitch.

Top acts this year include Janis Varoufakis (try saying that with false teeth), John McDonnell MP and the man himself, Jeremy Corbyn on the Pyramid Stage at 1615hrs on Saturday. You never know, Billy Bragg might be a bit more lively this year.

I'm confident it will be a better atmosphere than after last years Brexit vote, which came while we were there.

If there are any Glastonbury workers that I don't know about on here, meet us in the Acoustic Bar behind the Acoustic Tent for a pint. Live music from Midnight.

If you can't make the festival you should be in for a treat with the excellent TV coverage. I'll have to wait until I get home in 10 days to catch up on all the bands I missed, which will be most of those before 7pm.

Have a good Glastonbury wherever you might be.

Mark