Where to buy EA Martel books?

Fonesfifi

Hi, I am very keen to buy one of the blooks listed below as a gift for a caver:

Le gouffre et la rivi?re souterraine de Padirac (in French), Paris: Delagrave, 1901, 180 p.
La sp?l?ologie aux XXe si?cle (in French), Paris: Hermann, 1905, 810 p.
Les cavernes et les rivi?res souterraines de la Belgique (Van den Broeck, E, Martel, E.-A. and Rahir, Ed.) (in French), Bruxelles: Lamertin, 1910, (2 vol.) 1800 p.
Nouveau Trait? des eaux souterraines (in French), Paris: Doin, 1921, 840 p.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please or suggest where I should look for them?
Many thanks
Fiona

Abebooks but search French sellers as well. I got Irelande et Cavernes Anglaises for a very reasonable fee including postage a few years back and the ones on your list are fairly regularly listed.

Leclused

The last one from your list is pretty expensive. The prices go from 250  up to 500 ? depending on the state. It is a very impressive work and is more like one of the first reference book for Belgium

Les cavernes et les rivi?res souterraines de la Belgique (Van den Broeck, E, Martel, E.-A. and Rahir, Ed.) (in French), Bruxelles: Lamertin, 1910, (2 vol.) 1800 p.

rhychydwr1

rhychydwr1 said:
Just remembered.  I can sell you a Martel for under ?10.00 :eek:

Here it is.  A Martel for under a tenner:

CAVERN OF THE DRAGON by E A Martel ND ND [ 1915? Is the latest date in the text.] 32 pp 21 photos, colour cover with a white border c 1.5 to 3 cm wide.  This is Majorca?s most famous show cave.  Visited by Martel in 1896, he made some scientific measurements which are reprinted here.  It is not often that you get a book on Martel for under a ?100.00.  Well here is one.  SB In English  ?9.99

Leclused

rhychydwr1 said:
rhychydwr1 said:
Just remembered.  I can sell you a Martel for under ?10.00 :eek:

Here it is.  A Martel for under a tenner:

CAVERN OF THE DRAGON by E A Martel ND ND [ 1915? Is the latest date in the text.] 32 pp 21 photos, colour cover with a white border c 1.5 to 3 cm wide.  This is Majorca?s most famous show cave.  Visited by Martel in 1896, he made some scientific measurements which are reprinted here.  It is not often that you get a book on Martel for under a ?100.00.  Well here is one.  SB In English  ?9.99

Of course you can get a Martel cheap. But if you want the original " les cavernes...." from 1909 then you pay a high price. There is also a version from 1976 which can be bought much cheaper