Jug holes

markpot

Popped in this morning on the way to work and noticed a rope on
the pitch to the lower series .also on the right wall of the entrance cavern near the entrance to the upper series looks some one has been doing some capping practice on the wall.is any one digging here at the moment?

markpot

It is quite obvious  and I would say relatively recent.The rock scar looks fresh and the cap is still in the remainder of the hole.

Speleokitty1

Hopefully this dates back to the early 1990's when someone who should have known better (no longer with us) ran a capping training  session in there.

AR

I had a quick look today and couldn't find any evidence of recent capping, and there was no rope on the climb down to the lower series.

markpot

I tracked down the owner of the rope.left behind by a local outdoor centre.The capping may not be recent as said but is defiantly obvious. It just got me head scratching a bit because I know this place well and have never noticed it before and it's in a place many cavers would pass/stand around enjoying the place and In an area of obvious geological features interested people would admire.