Author Topic: Axbridge A.G.M.  (Read 4344 times)

Offline whitelackington

• forum hero
  • Pyrenees Potholer Digger
Axbridge A.G.M.
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:40:06 am »
A.G.M

As Biff & Mick are not now coming to Mendip this weekend we will be unable to attend The Axbridge A.G.M.
Sorry.

In future,
 would it be possible for the trip secretary to advertise trips?

Offline graham

• Retired
  • forum hero
  • UBSS, Speleo-Club de Perigueux, GSG, SUI
    • UBSS
Re: Axbridge A.G.M.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:59:02 am »
Hey ACG, appoint him Trip Secretary and then he'll know whether that can be done or not. ;)
Caving is for Life not just for Christmas

Offline Elaine

• forum hero
  • Axbridge Caving Group
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 03:09:11 pm »
The current trip secretary had previously advertised trips on a weekly/fortnightly basis. After a very short while interest disappeared. He now just says that if you want to go caving you can join him on Thursday nights. Trips will be arranged according to ability.

I expect that at the AGM we will discuss the possibility of also having some club arranged weekend day trips. this was something we started to discuss at the last meeting.

Wot tiny writing!

darkplaces

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:01:24 am »
Trips should be advertised in the ACG section of ukcaving. The only trips I have ever been on I have been asked directly or worth of mouth.

Anyway I'll be at the AGM. I have to pay someone some money.

Offline whitelackington

• forum hero
  • Pyrenees Potholer Digger
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 05:30:40 am »
If you are not currently residing on or very near Mendip how do you get to know of these trips?

Offline Elaine

• forum hero
  • Axbridge Caving Group
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 09:01:59 am »
I don't see why club trips should be advertised on this forum. Any previously arranged trips will be listed in the monthly meeting minutes.

You will probably say that you haven't seen any trips listed in your monthly meeting minutes for a while. You would be right in thinking this. However, the reason for this and the alternative arrangements are regularly printed in the meeting minutes. I am going to stand for secretary at the AGM. If I get in I shall make sure this is printed in every months meeting minutes.

This sort of thing should be discussed at meetings or the AGM and NOT on this forum.
Wot tiny writing!

Online damian

• forum hero
  • Hades CC, YSS
    • Hades Caving Club
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 10:19:32 am »

This sort of thing should be discussed at meetings or the AGM and NOT on this forum.

As an outsider, who's poking his nose in (sorry!!) it seems to me graham's right. Whitelackington is obviously desperate to take on the post of "Arranging & Advertising Club Trips". I'd take his comments here as evidence of this and elect him!