Bank account for a caving club

scurve

Dear Cavers,

I am looking into a suitable bank account to set up in my club's name. At present we have a very old fashioned account with no online banking or debit cards. I looked into setting one up with Lloyds Bank and after one year of free banking, we'd have to pay ?6 per month.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a bank account I can set up, in the club's name, that will allow us to use online banking and a debit card and not charge us?

Lots of love,

Chris

Aubrey

We (Wessex) have 2 accounts with HSBC, 1 current and 1 savings. They are treated as business accounts. We have online banking and do not pay any charges but only get a few pence per year interest in the savings account.

scurve

Thanks for your help, Aubrey. I have applied for a community account from HSBC. I hope there are no hidden charges.

maxf

Ours has just been setup with Lloyds, was quite an easy process to register for online banking with an existing paper account.

alastairgott

No hidden charges for us (TSG) using HSBC, although interest rates on all business accounts are low. So we get very little return on our savings, but i think this is true of all business (community) accounts.