Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
New hosting arrangements up and running.  Everything has got bigger  :eek:

Anything else..

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
All looks fine to me (and hasn't got bigger on my laptop).

Noted not many users/guests logged on at the moment, however that could be 'cos it's early in the day....

Folks - UKC was moved to a new hosting site overnight, if anyone notices any problems, please let us know on this thread (or improvements!), thank you.

If you can't log on, please e-mail janeallensales@aol.com

Ok so when I came onto the site the times on your posts are the 'real' time 9:24 & 9:54  when I login it changes to 3:24 & 3:53  :doubt:

What is going on?  :unsure:

kay

Judi Durber said:
Ok so when I came onto the site the times on your posts are the 'real' time 9:24 & 9:54  when I login it changes to 3:24 & 3:53  :doubt:

What is going on?  :unsure:

I'm permanently logged on and my time is fine.

If you go into Profile/Look and layout there's a "time offset" setting to change to your local time - could that be something to do with it?

Q

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

The server used to be based in the US, but has now moved to the UK. I've updated the timezone setting so it should post the correct time. As kay said, you may need to look in your User Profile if the time is coming up wrong for you.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Great! (y)

Next task - update the soft wear  :eek:

So glad we have an expert to help, because Tim and I sure as heck aren't!!  ;)

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Traff - I knew it was wrong somehow to say soft wear but couldn't think of how to type it....

Software it is from now on  (y) :)

Simon Wilson

Pegasus said:
Thanks Traff - I knew it was wrong somehow to say soft wear but couldn't think of how to type it....

It's OK to update your soft wear regularly too...

bograt

Simon Wilson said:
Pegasus said:

It's OK to update your soft wear regularly too...

In fact, if you fail to update your soft wear regularly, I find it eventually becomes hard wear!  :yucky: :yucky:

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
.....and the irony isn't lost on me - co owner of UKC, an internet forum, couldn't spell software!

software, software, software....

andys

In my day, we used to have "firm wear" too - that sort of "half way feel" where your grundies can't quite stand up by themselves?

Bottlebank

Pegasus said:
.....and the irony isn't lost on me - co owner of UKC, an internet forum, couldn't spell software!

software, software, software....

I think we can forgive you, you are fairly new to the job.

Just don't do it again :)

Wayland Smith

Peter Burgess said:
I think you need cast iron wear to run a cavers' website.
You have certainly done well since taking over this site and knocking off a few of the rough edges.
But I do "sometimes" miss the loaded hadbags at dawn squabbles. (well almost!) :clap: