Looking for a long-lost caver from away back when

klkks1000

My name is Ken Stahley.  I live in Billings, MT, USA.  My NSS number is 32656 and I have been a caver for over 30 years.

I am trying to locate a British caver by the name of Rob Pearce (Pierce?) - at least that's the name I remember.  Rob came to Bozeman, MT on business at Montana State University in the summer of 1983 to install a mass spectrometer at the chemistry school.  He brought his caving gear with him and he and I caved together several times that summer.  One of the caves was Little Ice Cave in the Pryor Mtns in south central MT.  During that visit I showed Rob a new passage I had found and we pushed it to find several hundred feet of virgin passage and a large under ground lake.

Our Montana grotto, Northern Rocky Mountain Grotto, recently completed a survey for the whole cave.  I am writing an article about the cave for submission to the NSS News.  In the article I mention the trip I made with Rob.  I have completed the article and in doing so decided I would try to reconnect with him.  I have not  been able to find him on internet searches so hope your group might be able to help me out.  I would guess he would be between 55 and 60 years old now.

If you, or your fellow cavers, have knowledge of Rob's whereabouts I would like you to share my email with him.

Thank you for you assistance and taking the time to read through this.

krstahl@gmail.com

shotlighter

Any idea who  he was working for?
I've been in the analytical instrument industry for nearly 40 yrs,  so I know someone from most of the UK companies & could ask around.

richardg

Here is a reference  to the Rob Pearce who fits the bill.. might be located by Linkedin

Robert A Pearce - Publications - ResearchGate
www.researchgate.net/profile/Robert_Pearce2/publications/‎
Available from: Robert A Pearce .... Using either mass spectrometry or radiolabeling, this reagent may be used to reveal sites and targets that underlie the ...

Hope this is useful to you Ken

Richard Gibson

klkks1000

Shotlighter, Bograt, RobJones, RichardG,
Thanks to all of you for your replies.  I have not yet checked out any of the leads you provided, but it looks like there are a couple good ones.  I don't think it was Ken Pierce because I think I would have remembered his first name being the same as mine.  There is a good chance he may the fellow mentioned by richardg just based on the mass spec info.  I'll check them all.

And, if any other readers of this forum have additional info, I would surely appreciate getting it.