Black Sheep Diggers - Meets

BlackSheep2

Black Sheep Diggers concentrate on the Goyden  system.

We have connected Manchester hole to Goyden to make a dry through trip. We have connected New Goyden to Frog Pot (aqua mole) to make a dry through trip. Our main aim now is making the final connection between Goyden and Frog Pot. This is proving a little more tricky.
We meet on Thursday evenings and arrange weekend digs also. Please join the team if you are free.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Hi BlackSheep2,

I've moved your sub board out of archive and into The Dales - thank you for using UKC  (y)

Cheers, Pegasus

JasonC

BlackSheep2 said:
We have connected Manchester hole to Goyden to make a dry through trip.

"Dry" is a relative term. 
But it's a thoroughly fine trip, and BSD have undoubtedly added to the sum of human happiness by making that link (and others).    (y)

Alex

You can keep your head dry, that's dry! When's the next Saturday meet? I enjoyed the last in a strange masochistic kind of way.

BlackSheep2

Yes 27th Sept Sunday all day !!! Back to dead dog dig if we get enough takers. Does anyone have any old hand or chest jammers to save our wrists when pulling in the ropes?

hannahb

BlackSheep2 said:
Does anyone have any old hand or chest jammers to save our wrists when pulling in the ropes?

That's a really good idea! It took a few days to get my grip back :D I'll have a look, I've got a feeling we've got some worn ones somewhere.

BlackSheep2

hannahb said:
BlackSheep2 said:
Does anyone have any old hand or chest jammers to save our wrists when pulling in the ropes?

That's a really good idea! It took a few days to get my grip back :D I'll have a look, I've got a feeling we've got some worn ones somewhere.
Thanks, that would be a great help.

Alex

I was thinking about this myself, the one issue we may have is sliding the jammer back up the rope or re-attaching it further up and pulling again, is this not going to slow things down?

I still think we are better bringing a drill in and putting a couple of bolts in at the top of the slope and set up a pully there.

BlackSheep2

Simon Beck said:
Bolts!? - why am I never surprised.. And all over a few sore wrists.. 
You cannot understand unless you were there. It was bloody hard work. Why don't you come and pull some buckets up in October with us. We will put the bolt in when you've finished😂

blackshiver

The bike referred to is a NYMCC:York caving club device which is a cheap mountain bike on a scaff floor frame. A wheel is replaced with a drum made out of a couple of brake discs welded together so as you pedal it drops or raises ten meters of rope. When used with an A frame and pulley this is highly effective but the only thing stopping a bucket of rocks dropping is the bike chain. It's not broken yet......

We move it around various digs in the north york moors.

It's in YCC journal 2 and was featured in one of the digging lectures at Hidden Earth last year.

paul

Here's an alternative bike hauling device connected to a boat trailer winch (plus old fisihing umbrella to direct drips off of the operator!) in Water Icicle:

IMG_1280.jpg