Nice cave

RobinGriffiths

Hello, can someone suggest a nice, easy cave in south wales for me and my son next weekend? Now, I've had a dabble at Agen, Draenen, ap Robert, Tardd Rhymney, CAF, LN, PYO in the past, but am looking for something else for a couple of hours.

A general ferret below PYO is one option I'm considering.Seem to remember a couple of holes there worth exploring.

Robin

mikem

Bridge Cave & a wander down the Nedd Fechan (White Lady etc) if river levels allow. Or Wills Hole (ladder) & the Sychryd mines.

Mike

RobinGriffiths

Hi, seems to be quite a bit of rain coming in tomorrow. Would this affect a preference between Bridge Cave etc. or Eglwys Faen? Or would a better wet weather option be Dina's Silica?

Thanks, Robin

royfellows

Go and do Upper Dinas by invitation of the owner, you could also take a look into Wills Hole, and the upper part of Middle Dinas over the footbridge, but dont come out there the bottom as the landowner is hostile.

You can get up the old mine track from the car park and climb up next to the waterfall to the higher level track, Wills on the left.

I have just purchased the abandonment plan of Upper Dinas and will get it digitalised as soon as I can.

RobinGriffiths

Thanks Roy. I think wel'll play it by ear and swap underground for Sunday if it's particularly grim tomorrow. We were thinking of doing LN valley caves as well as Dinas. How long would you say Dinas would occupy us for? An hour or two?

Cheers,. Robin

rhychydwr1

RobinGriffiths said:
Thanks Roy. I think wel'll play it by ear and swap underground for Sunday if it's particularly grim tomorrow. We were thinking of doing LN valley caves as well as Dinas. How long would you say Dinas would occupy us for? An hour or two?

Cheers,. Robin

At least half a day.

royfellows

Today looks very grim. Chucking it down here near Cannock and Aberystwyth webcam tells same story.
I go out just for the day tomorrow.

Robin, I think you make a good choice.

NigR

Absolutely appalling weather here in the Swansea Valley right now.

Forecast is for a dry day tomorrow (Sun) but water levels will still be high.

RobinGriffiths

Absof*****y wet today. Did Dinas. Loads of people faffing about in Sychryd Gorge in rising water conditions.

http://i.imgur.com/EkWItkI.jpg (large file) spate above Bwa Maen)

Spent a couple of hours in Dinas, getting a feel for the extent of the place. Seems to be quite loose lower down towards the bottom towards the river. Then a hop across the bridge to explore the tunnel on the other side.