friday caving

newcastlecaver

anyone fancy a bit of caving/mining/ biking/ walking on friday?

anyone fancy Scrafton pot (see NC1), or Knock Fell Caverns- like my last request I'd like to stay local (ish) and set off early.

Graham

(I reckon I've done more trips this year that in the whole of last year- armchair caver.... not me! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

GemmaJones

Would love to come, but some of us have to work on a Friday in order to make the general public not believe their taxes are being entirely wasted!!! I say this as i sit in the doctor's office reading Hello magazine and drinking the NHS out of their tea supplies! Double standards maybe! Anyway I think you're being quite restrained only fitting in one caving trip in a day. I thought armchair caving was all about fitting in multiple caves in one day! Surely there are some other 2 metre epic trips you could fit in as well if its' from NC1!

T

tubby two

2m is a big trip for tubby. If you can see it from the car its a tick!

tt.

GemmaJones

I think you'll find that's not the tick system Sam!! I believe you get a quater of a tick for getting changed to go caving, half a tick for locating the cave in your gear and a whole tick (the ultimate caver's dream desire) for bottoming the cave and getting to the furthest, most deepest reaches of the cave!! Ask Beryl, king of the tick list system if you don't believe me!

newcastlecaver

I was going to go to Knock Fell Caverns on friday but only James could go and he said that I was such a formidable caver that he was scared he couldn't keep up with me and would struggle on such a daring trip.. he came up with some excuse in the end about a twisted ankle... students... bahhh.

anyway I laminated a copy of the survey and still rather fancy doing it in the near future, will find another day off soon if anyone else thinks they can keep pace with me?

speedy one

newcastlecaver

I think we need a review of the tick list system- I thought you got half a tick for reading a book about a cave, the other 1/4 tick for finding the entrance and then you got the full tick if you got a photo of it (prefereably of you stepping out the entrance (or in the case of a cave like Rowten... peering over the edge whilst pointing at the abyss?))

I thought you could also get a tick if someone asked you about a cave and you can bullshit your way through a description of it and where the nice bits are - just like recalling when I last went through the top spoke of the wheel at the hill inn......

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

T

tubby two

I get confused with all the systems. I thought you got one tick for being in the same country, two for the same city, three for room..... 74 for physical contact (holding hands)... 5967 for having two points of contact....

or were they bases?

tt.

smollett

My foot was the size of a tennis ball! i'll go another day for sure tho. Won't be long till exams are over then i can do loads of caving again

T

tubby two

But my foots (even my good one) about the size of a tennis ball with toes added too, a football and i'll be impressed.

tt.

newcastlecaver

Sam- I can't do an evening trip anymore next week as busy again, will check me diary and try and get another date sorted out. will be back in sheff this weekend, relaxing in the land of the gods.

GemmaJones

I think you're getting the tick list mixed up with bases!! A common mistake i'm sure?! I can't fully explain what the bases and tick lists are on-line because they are open to discretionary changes by myself!!