Photo techniques

Leclused

Hi,

Just some info.

Paul de Bie, one of our members and a pretty good cave photographer, made a small write up (sorry in dutch) of the method he uses now. The key is material from the make "Yongnuo". Were  a controller is attached to the camera and up the 6 flashes can be controlled remotely.

http://scavalon.blogspot.be/2017/06/ondergronds-fotograferen.html

Especially the photo sequences where he explains what he changed between the pictures is very interesting.

A lot of the info came from the photographer Philippe Crochet who also wrote an article (in French) about the usage of Yongnuo material.

http://www.philippe-crochet.com/articles/details/184/spelunca-n-137

BR

Fulk

Hi Leclused, I clicked on all your items and got the message 'Safari Can't Open the Page'; any ideas?

Leclused

Fulk said:
Hi Leclused, I clicked on all your items and got the message 'Safari Can't Open the Page'; any ideas?

Sorry something went wrong in my Original post but I can't edit it anymore; But Beardy posted the correct links already.

Perhaps a moderator can still tidy up the Original post?

Rob

Leclused, thanks for sharing the links.

There are a number of UK photographers using some of the modern Yonguo systems. I use the YN560-TX C controller with the YN-560 IV flashes. I absolutely love the remote power control, especially on a kit costing ~?100 in total.

MarkS

[mod]The links in the original post should now be fixed - let me know if I've altered anything incorrectly![/mod]

Antwan

Rob said:
Leclused, thanks for sharing the links.

There are a number of UK photographers using some of the modern Yonguo systems. I use the YN560-TX C controller with the YN-560 IV flashes. I absolutely love the remote power control, especially on a kit costing ~?100 in total.

I have the same setup but the slightly older flashes and not killed them yet, one of the flah guns growels now though after been held unknowingly underwater in a sump!  Used them at a wedding two week back all the way down south in devon too so I could 'Make a Sunset' at 6 in the evening, had some funny looks when I pulled out a battered, muddy Peli Case  :)

TheBitterEnd

TBH I find my Yongnuos a bit flaky underground, test them the day before and they work fine, take them underground and they are hit and miss in terms of firing. That said one slid off a rock into the stream a while ago, I dried it out and it is still working though.

pwhole

I was quite excited by the price of these until I found out they didn't work with Pentax cameras, which was a bit of a drag. So I ended up getting the Cactus RF60 flashes with built-in transceiver, and the V6 controller for the camera, and they have been fantastic and completely idiot-proof, as I'd never used a flashgun in my life before. Being able to zoom and power up/down flashes independently and remotely is a fabulous thing.