Northern Cavern and Fell Club

moletta

Can anyone tell me if the Northern Cavern and Fell Club logbooks/ club documents have been placed in an archive anywhere? I saw some emails about them but these were from 2002, and an attempted contact bounced back.

Thanks

yrammy

In 2010 the British Caving Library bought a box of items from a public auction in Carlisle containing what looks like a log book and many other papers relating to the Northern Cavern and Fell Club.  These are held at our library but have not been sorted or  catalogued yet.  You would be most welcome to visit and go through them. There are two box files full and  a box of interesting photos. Email me at the British Caving Library on  bcra-librarian@bcra.org.uk

Mary

Robindad

Just seen this thread.  NCFC was a big part of my family?s life.  Dad was Frank King and was a founder along with his brother John and others. Mum was young sister to Reg Johnson another stalwart. Other old lads were close family friends.

I have a near complete set of the log books and many photos. 

Happy to hear from anyone interested.

Robin

Pitlamp

Thanks for posting Robindad.

If copies of those log books could be generated for the BCA library that'd be the best repository for the future.

Could you send a PM to "yrammy" (see post above yours) to discuss possibilities?

Goon

I am currently digitizing the Eli Simpson archive in Edinburgh.  There are a good many typed/transcribed extracts from NCFC logs within these books.  Some of the reports are hilarious and extremely well written (and deserve to be reprinted somewhere).  It is hoped these BSA log books will go online shortly (IPR issues being sorted out), which will cover Yorkshire and Derbyshire.  Watch thisspace for otherregions in due course.

Robindad

Goon said:
I am currently digitizing the Eli Simpson archive in Edinburgh.  There are a good many typed/transcribed extracts from NCFC logs within these books.  Some of the reports are hilarious and extremely well written (and deserve to be reprinted somewhere). 
I will be depositing scans of my copies of the 1929 and 1930 NCFC log books this week.  Have already sent .pdf of my dad?s diary recording the start of the NCFC on 4 November 1928 at Copster Green.  Also a photo of the same day of 12 men which lists names of them on the back.

Robin