EUSS Summer Trip to Yorkshire

aricooperdavis

Exeter Uni's daring summer trip this year was two weeks in the wilds of Yorkshire. We went caving, climbing, walking, wild-swimming, set up zip-lines, drank copiously, and generally had a fun time. Most of my photos were dreadful (I might get the others to post theirs to this thread too), but these ones were just about alright.

One very interesting moment was seeing a wave of water fill up the Kingsdale Beck as we were on our way up to Rowten Pot after some particularly heavy rain.

(You can click on this image to see a video of it on YouTube)

Thanks to the NPC for hosting us in Greenclose, we had a great stay, and thanks to UNCC, YUCPC, and NPC who put up with us sharing their hut for two weeks ;)

Ian Ball

Looks great fun :)

The camera angle on that Yordas pic makes it look like you'd hit the floor before the backup de-slacked

Kingsdale Bore, that is amazing!

I once went caving with Exeter to Jingling in Kingsdale, one guy wore a full wetsuit and had to lie in the river afterwards to cool down, he'd been told it always rains in Yorkshire.

aricooperdavis

It does look a bit that way doesn't it :-\ We spent a lot of time this trip teaching two of our members to rig properly, but we clearly weren't observing close enough!

I think we were quite lucky to catch it!

Haha, I can absolutely imagine the misery! I've worn one for the Rowten Sumps in the past, and even then I was almost too warm...

Ian Ball

My rigging always looks dodgy in photos  :-[

Here's a question, how would you improve that?

How did you do the multiple picture load?

Attachments

• Option 1.png
    Option 1.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 255

aricooperdavis

That would definitely have been a better option - I think there's also a bolt under the ledge on the left (leading up to the other middle entrance) that might have offered a y-hang too (I can't remember the pitch head in detail enough now though)!

The multiple picture layout is just loads of inline
Code:
[url][IMG][/IMG][/url]
tags that use flickrs thumbnail image for the

Ian Ball

From the other entrance you'd be pretty close to on your belly getting on the rope, might not be best for instructing?  It's been a while since I've been there though, so I could very well be wrong and to be honest last time I was there I climbed the tree trunk.  Did the fellow in the picture post up his helmet cam footage?
It's really useful!  I used to put them all in a table, but that was a pain to be honest.
Thank you