Settle Webcam?

Anyone else unable to see the Settle webcam?

Supposed to be off to Old Ing this eve and wondering whether I should bother......

Cheers
Matt

Groundhog

I too am unable to access the webcam.
I am supposed to be taking some beginners through Long Churn this Sunday. The current forecast doesn't show any rain but with all the wet we have had recently I wonder if there is still a lot of run off.
Any thoughts?

Groundhog said:
I too am unable to access the webcam.
I am supposed to be taking some beginners through Long Churn this Sunday. The current forecast doesn't show any rain but with all the wet we have had recently I wonder if there is still a lot of run off.
Any thoughts?

Note that I am an idiot and can't be trusted, but as far as I can recall Long Churn drains quick, so as long as its not been really wet the day or so before hand, or when you are in there you should be OK.......

Pitlamp

That webcam has been down for several weeks, which is a real shame for anyone that doesn't live around here.

There must be a contact facility in the Settle Hydro website; maybe if a few of us sent a message to say how useful we find it and asking if it could be fixed, it'd encourage them to sort it?

Incidentally what may just help is the Penyghent webcam in Horton (Google it; easily found). This gives a glimpse of Brants Gill. (Mind you, it is only a glimpse; it becomes more useful if you look at this webcam regularly, to get a feel for what you can see and how this relates to flows in Brants Gill.)