Via Ferrata / Canyonning - Lake Garda?

Hi

I am off to a friend's wedding in September near to Lake Garda, does anyone on here have any experience of any canyonning or decent (a proper day out) via ferrata around that area?  No caving as the wife is with me.

Thanks
Matt

CatM

I did a good via Ferrata up near Riva del Garda many years ago. From memory I had to Google translate the description from Italian as I couldn't find an English version. Pretty sure it was the Ferrata Via dell'Amicizia up to Cima Sat.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

AMH

Matt,
Cicerone do a useful pair of guide books to via ferrata in the Italian Dolomites. Volume 2 covers Lake Garda / Arco and the surrounding area and includes a range of routes of varying "sportiness" and length. You can combine some routes to increase the length of time out in the hills. I've only done a couple of the simple ones out there as time was short. Depending on exactly where you're going, its about 3 - 4 hours drive to some of the big routes in the Dolomites proper.

Be aware, that Riva del Garda and surrounding towns get pretty expensive so start saving. PM me if you need any other gen.

AMH