Has the CRoW debate(s) made any difference to your opinion?

Since the onset of the CRoW debates, have you changed your position on CRoW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian Adams

There has been many suggestions throughout the whole CRoW argument(s) that everyone is wasting their time trying to persuade other people to change their views because everyone is already so entrenched.

However, it would be interesting to see how many people have "moved" on their views (regardless of the side of the fence they are on) as a result of what has been said and what they have read.

This is a trial poll to see how much effect there actually is.

Of course, you do not need to give your views, nor do you need to say why, nor do you have to justify it (in fact, please don't do any of those things)...

Just click the button that applies to you (which are all generically neutral).

Let's see .....

:)

Ian

ianball11

Please add, not bothered before and not bothered after as a vote.

edit:

or more tactfully, I have the same undecided opinion as before

(but lots of usernames to strike off the Christmas card list)

royfellows

I will readily admit that I never had strong views on CROW and still don't, however a certain 'situation' has caused me to re-evaluate the pros and cons and move across to the other side of the house.

I would not make book on what that 'situation' is as I would be seriously out of pocket.

Madness

My opinion has been changed and subsequently strengthened by the tactics of the anti-CRoW brigade. I'm not a BCA member, I didn't know about any vote until well after it had happened and I wasn't that interested as the majority of my caving his in the Peak where access is generally easy.

But the anti-CRoW brigade have done a wonderful job of making me support the pro-CRoW side.

If I had originally been anti-CRoW, I would be distancing myself from that side due to their behaviour.

badger

pretty much agree with madness. although am a bca member.
I had reservations but in principle was for
I have had chats with lots of people who are involved and in my opinion answered my reservations.
I do believe it is time for all sides to sit down and try and resolve differences, and move forward.

RobinGriffiths

Metaphor time... Which side is Brexit, and who is Brexin ? And who is executing Project Fear? Right, I'm off.... Too many parallels.

mikem

I don't think anyone has suggested that you won't change some people's opinions, just that you won't change certain opinions...

Mike

Peter Burgess

And how many don't come here or can't come here since the ballot, and why, and therefore will not be adding to the stats that Ian wants.

Ian Adams

Peter Burgess said:
And how many don't come here or can't come here since the ballot, and why, and therefore will not be adding to the stats that Ian wants.

Peter,

The whole point was to see what difference the debates/arguments that have occurred on HERE have made to the people on HERE.

In other words, has there been any "value" to the (heated) debates or has no one changed their views (as is so often cited).

We can already see that there has been a value ...... that's all I was interested in.

(It absolutely doesn't matter what view you hold)

::)

Ian

Peter Burgess

Here and now is more precise. My simple point was that if people no longer post here due to the debate, you won't get that part of the picture. Obviously.

royfellows

Ian, wherever you post Peter Burgess follows you like a faithful dog, forever at your side. Don't either of you take this seriously, its my joke this time.
;)

Anyway

Madness said:
My opinion has been changed and subsequently strengthened by the tactics of the anti-CRoW brigade. I'm not a BCA member, I didn't know about any vote until well after it had happened and I wasn't that interested as the majority of my caving his in the Peak where access is generally easy.

But the anti-CRoW brigade have done a wonderful job of making me support the pro-CRoW side.

If I had originally been anti-CRoW, I would be distancing myself from that side due to their behaviour.

Yes, thinking about it, they have definitely scored an 'own goal' here.

Mrs Bottlebank

ianball11 said:
Please add, not bothered before and not bothered after as a vote.

I'm with this option if you go option one not changed your view it presumes I had an opinion in the first place. Would be nice to know who in actual fact is not bothered and therefore would account for the low return in the poll.

droid

I wasn't mithered either way at the start, but being subjected to hectoring by some of the more vocal (and excitable) members of the 'pro' lobby for occasionally agreeing with the 'antis', it's rather pushed me toward the 'anti' lobby.....

I actually find the whole 'debate' hilarious. The seriousness with which *some* people take this debate, start threatening legal action, accuse their antagonists of ridiculously overblown 'crimes' has kept me in chuckles/guffaws for the last couple of years.

And given me a couple of sigs....

Look up 'humour', Ian. Try to get a sense of it or you'll end up an some serious medication.*

*This isn't a pisstake.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
[admin]Droid - there's no need for that last comment, please desist, thank you, Jane[/admin]

Alex

So does this mean a brit-exit??? Oh wait we are talking about caves... carry on.

RobinGriffiths

Alex said:
So does this mean a brit-exit??? Oh wait we are talking about caves... carry on.

I'm not sure who Brexit/In are in CROW terms. Both appear to be in Project Fear mode Euro wise, but only anti CROW camp caving wise?