Calling all clubs

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
We have been looking at the club section on this forum and it is obvious that many of the clubs no longer use this facility.  It is understandable that clubs may want to discuss their business less publicly on other media, however some are still using it.  We will be making a few alterations to the site soon and are looking to find the best way forward.  Would any of the clubs involved like to contact me with their thoughts.  Whatever happens nothing posted on this forum will be lost.

In other news

We will soon be offering a BIG competition prize aimed at clubs and caving groups with a value of around ?500.  More on this soon.

martinm

I post news on my clubs website, not here, then I have full control over it. You may find others do the same...

richardg

Badlad this is a great well run forum site... Thank you and your team for running it.... And the prizes are really good prizes too....many many users find UK Caving emmensely useful, for a multitude of reasons.. I for one rarely miss a day checking in for up to the minute caving related news.....  And its unique for those times We need information on a specific site quickly....  And then we have the regular contributers who each have their own individual character and personalities they bring to the forum discussions, rather like a family, geographically dispersed but comming together, gathering around the family table that is provided by UK Caving...... 

alastairgott

Hi badlad, i guess us TSG don't really use ours, have facebook and a forum on the website. So quite a few ways of contacting.

Out of interest, if say the tsg forum were to close down is it ok to post blatent publicity on other boards? The peak district board for example? Or is this just one step too far?

droid

If I wanted to know what was going on in Derbyshire, I'd look in the Derbyshire board, not the TSG one.....

Pitlamp

droid said:
If I wanted to know what was going on in Derbyshire, I'd look in the Derbyshire board, not the TSG one.....

If I wanted to find out what was going on in Derbyshire one of the first places I'd look is the TSG website in the section where you need a password. But this is only available to those who have access, so the TSG does need other ways to communicate publicly.

Maybe the way forward is simply to ask each club with a presence on this forum to let you know whether they want to keep the facility? Some will probably not need it; others may value it of their club doesn't have their own site.

susie-lee tyson

Hello, can anybody tell me any caving clubs near me?
I live in St Anne's, lancs.
I'm really really really interested in doing some caving since stumbling upon a little cave in Dent with my boyfriend which I absolutely loved.
I have no experience but I'm itching to get into some big caves, I would love to do some courses, not just to be shown around caves. I just don't know where to start. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goydenman

Black Sheep Diggers don't use theirs now - we liked the idea of hearing about what other people were working on in their clubs and letting others know of our progress and at same time way of providing some internal comms. Now use our own facebook page

Hmm

Only just seen this ..

Bristol & District Caving Club would like to continue to use the forum,
We have a backlog of reports that we intend to post.

If it disappears I would like notice so that I could archive it off to another forum (e.g. https://proboards.com/)
supporting the same markup

But we like the extra visibility and comments from others on uk caving

Dave