Grange Rigg Pothole

andychapm

Hi,
Could anyone scan or photocopy me the article 'Grange Rigg Pothole' on P115-8) in the Speleologist (Derbyshire and Northern Speleological Groups) No 3, (1954).
Many thanks
Andy

Les W

andychapm said:
Hi,
Could anyone scan or photocopy me the article 'Grange Rigg Pothole' on P115-8) in the Speleologist (Derbyshire and Northern Speleological Groups) No 3, (1954).
Many thanks
Andy

Have you asked the British Caving Library?
If they have a copy they will be only too happy to oblige, I'm sure.  (y)

langcliffe

Les W said:
The library does have a copy:

http://caving-library.org.uk/catalogue/BCL/code/php/library.php?action=search&lib=&type=journals&search=title&search_string=The%20Speleologist&title=The%20Speleologist&orig=Derbyshire%20and%20Northern%20Speleological%20Groups

If you email the librarian, she'll probably be able to get you a scan when she's in on Wednesday.

Pitlamp

Les W said:
andychapm said:
Hi,
Many thanks
Andy

It might just be worth mentioning that the BCL perhaps shouldn't always be the very first port of call? The Librarian is phenomenally helpful but there are various caving libraries around the Dales (where the O.P. frequently caves) and I'm sure the clubs concerned would try to help, if asked.

Not sure why you asked the question andychapm - but, in case it's of the slightest help, can I just mention the detailed chapter about Grange Rigg Pot in David Heap's book "Potholing Beneath The Northern Pennines". This gives quite a lot of history and includes a copy of the original survey of the pothole. (Just saying.)

Jenny P

I've checked and BCL's copy of the Speleologist is to hand so I can scan or copy if it's still required by Andy.

The survey is not A4 size - it's a sheet approx. 33cm by 21cm - so could scan in 2 parts or copy complete and post.

PM me if you still want it.