The Orange Tree beer has been won!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations to TLH & Derbyshire Caving Club

Your photograph won the Orange Tree voucher & beer!!

Thank you to all who entered their photographs - it was difficult choosing a winner, I loved loads of the entries:

Tommy you were in full caving kit - but in a house!  :LOL:

OR - why were you dusting the snowman?!  Thanks for entering  (y)

Duncan - brrrr

Cap'n Chris - what can I say....

Amy - lovely  :)

Gerbil007 -  :eek:

Chunky - loved your shots, esp the stuck Santa - you were so close to winning  :clap:

Stupot - ditto, loved the reindeer  :clap:

Jude - made me smile  :)

I chose DCC's photo as it summed up caving at Christmas for me - particularly liked the sticky up hat on the right - enjoy your beer guys and gals  :beer:

lcWyCb.jpg

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
The Orange Tree is just past the main entrance to the church in Kirkby Lonsdale as you head out of town.  The owners also run the Kirkby Lonsdale micro Brewery which produces Ruskins, Radical, Monumental, Stanleys, etc., which are sometimes found as guest beers in other pubs.  The Orange Tree usually offer five real ales in the pub, three or four of their own and guest beers.  It's the cheapest beer of the many fine pubs in Kirkby Lonsdale at around ?2.90 a pint with extra discount for CAMRA card holders.  Food is good standard pub grub and they are well known for their Wednesday sizzling steak nights which are very popular locally.  Worth giving it a try and you you may find a few other dodgy potholers in there  ;).

Pitlamp

Oops  :-[    Sorry Badlad, my question was laughably ambiguous. I meant where was that photograph taken? (I know the OT @ KL - excellent establishment.)

Whilst I'm on - you also have a normal email waiting from me.

Rob

Looks like Oxlow West Antichamber, looking up towards the bottom (Forth) pitch. You can just see the polyprop pullthrough ropes on the left, heading up to Pilgrims Way.

TLH

Yep. Oxlow :) as Rob said, the pull thro rope is on the left up into Pilgrims way :)

We went up there and to the dams and back :) I do like oxlow.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Pitlamp said:
Oops  :-[    Sorry Badlad, my question was laughably ambiguous. I meant where was that photograph taken? (I know the OT @ KL - excellent establishment.)

Whilst I'm on - you also have a normal email waiting from me.

:confused: silly me.  Anyway, gave me a good chance to offer some details on a fine public house.  Cheers