BCA Youth and Development Campaign

Chris J

Welcome to a new section of UKcaving which Bubba has kindly set up for me.

This forum is for people who are new to caving and is linked to from the trycaving website:
www.trycaving.co.uk

All clubs will have received a letter over the past few days explaining this new initiative. However as the letters probably haven't been passed out to members yet they are available as downloads from:
http://www.trycaving.co.uk/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,35/Itemid,53/

BCA's Youth and Development Initiative will be officially launched at Hidden Earth next weekend. Come along to a presentation at 12.15 in the Peak lecture theater on Sunday.

D

darkplaces

Looks interesting, I always cringe when people start talking of youth, I dont know any young person who likes being called a youth.

Anyway I hope you dont mind but I have virtually copied the post and posted it on www.c**tplaces.co.uk which does (now and then) create cavers joining clubs, as well as providing for the people who dont want to join a club.

damian

An excellent site and a superb idea. Many thanks on behalf of clubs everywhere. Hopefully it will manage to attract some new cavers soon.

I am, however, surprised that there are so few clubs that have put their details on it yet. This is despite a flyer being sent out with this year's BCA Handbooks a week or so ago, and this thread advertising it. Come on you lot - or maybe all your clubs are bursting with new, enthusiastic blood  :-\

Actually, on second thoughts, don't bother and we'll have all the newcomers in our club  (y)

D

DARBY

What i wanted to add were some photos of my five year old in giants today but have no idea of how to do it Cheers{sorry computers are simply not my forte}