greetings fron doncaster

kieefer

right guys am a virgin to this been thinking bout it for years,done the deep shelters in kent and done most guided tours of caves but now need a "proper " fix and get wet n dirty hope someone cant point me in the right area,cheer :D have googled tours but its just me not a group lol

kay

Hello and welcome.

Try googling on "try caving" and it should take you to a site of that name which has lots of info on starting out, and the names of clubs you could join which would welcome new members. And have a look at the other threads in this section, if you haven't already.

From Doncaster you should be in reach of clubs in the Sheffield area (going on my rudimentary geographical sense which says "Doncaster = S of Leeds therefore =Sheffield)- most clubs have members from quite a wide geographical area. White Peaks and Yorkshire Dales are both good caving areas.

simonsays

If you want to get wet and dirty then the yorkshire dales are just the ticket :LOL:

Join a caving club and they'll steer you in the right direction. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience of joining the Craven pothole club.

Simon

Peacey

I'm from Doncaster too and tried to find a local club ( at the time of looking it was Torne Valley ) but after coming up against a brick wall I posted on here and Chesterfield Caving Club got in touch and I've never looked back. They are more than welcoming to newbies and you can go along on a trip as an intro as they do different grades of cave trips. If you need any more info then please let me know.....by the way 4 from Torne Valley have joined CCC too  :)