Provisional Members' Weekend

Tony_B

Another successful provisional members' weekend was held at SWCC on the 9th/10th October. Everyone that I spoke to was extremely positive about the whole thing and all of the new members seem set to return soon. Even the weather was on our side.

A big thanks to Lizzy for organizing, to Iain and Lel for catering on Saturday night, and to all those who led trips or tagged along to help. 

Tony_B

After last weekend's provisional members' event, one of those who took part sent this to Secretary Lizzy...

Just wanted to say thank you for organising the provisionals' weekend,  I had a fantastic day caving on the Saturday and was made to feel very welcome at the club, I am only sorry I couldn't make today's caving, I would also appreciate it if you could pass on my thanks to the guide leaders who were brilliant [Fred], Alan and Helen, apologies but I did not get their surnames although I know that [Fred] is the club president.  I had an amazing weekend and met some great people, I hope I get the opportunity to come again. 

The sort of response that makes one feel good about all things SWCC. You're all doing very well! [waves walking stick]