Disappeared post

smollett

Hi,
I posted about some gear I found in the lost and found forum and it seems to have disappeared. I posted on Friday and it definitely showed up but I can't find it there today. Don't know if there is an issue with the forum here or if other posts are affected.
James

kay

Braveduck suggested some of the posts from "head or feet first" had disappeared too.

Roger W

The Drews Cefn thread jumps from July 17 2014 to yesterday - it had been moribund for quite a while until NigR revived it with a reference to Rhys's reply #252.  I don't think anything went missing there.

But stuff has definitely gone missing from other threads.

Hughie

ChrisJC said:
And Simon Wilson's final post in the Mendips Gas Field thread.

Chris.

Likewise the whole thread regarding "Wildsides" rather amusing thread regarding a shitty entrance - or somesuch....

As I left HE Jane was saying they (technical people) has done a 'patch' upgrade which had created several problems. The job first thing Monday morning was to sort it out. (I think they both deserve a good rest after running round & being so enthusiastic about UKC all week-end and getting us to sign up for more great prizes  :clap: )

I am sure all will be restored next week.  ;)

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all

Just back from HE and have been unable to do anything ourselves about the slight 'glitch on the forum this weekend.  It seems that the IT people were advised to use some sort of security patch by Simple Machines on Friday.  By Friday night I noticed a few problems with the home page which seemed no better on Saturday morning. We left messages for the IT guys to look into it but haven't heard back from them yet. 

I expect they rewound the forum back to a time when all was working on Friday.  So everything in between may have been lost.  We'll find out more tomorrow.  A post I made on Friday night has also disappeared.  Apologies to all.

Q

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies to anyone who posted over the weekend and had problems.

We asked the hosting company to perform an update to the forum software to bring it up to the latest version. They cloned the live site and applied the update to the copy to check everything would work OK. They were supposed to wait until we'd approved the update before changing anything on live.

Somehow a few links on the website pointed to the copy and some users ended up looking at the cloned website and posting replies over there.

I've managed to recover these few posts (34 to be exact) and will contact the users with the missing post info so they have the option to re-post if they'd like.

Apologies for the inconvenience. We'll make sure everything is running fine for a few days and then plan in some maintenance time to update the site properly ourselves.

Any questions, please reply to this thread.

braveduck

Kay I have not commented about any lost posts ,what on earth are you talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spank:

kay

braveduck said:
Kay I have not commented about any lost posts ,what on earth are you talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spank:

:LOL: This is getting surreal ... a post about vanishing posts has itself vanished

braveduck

If it was a mistake Kay has had plenty of time to apologise .She has not done that
so I standby what I said. Also Alex why has it taken you so long to bring this up
very puzzled  ? :(

Alex

Saw it ages ago but was not logged in at the time, just found this again while looking for something else and it reminded me.

I can see how the mistake was made if you look at the post here

http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=19028.0

"Mr conners" made the post to which she refers, his picture is a bit similar to yours in that they both have a lot of green.

As for why she has not apologies well I could think of several reasons but I don't want to get into an argument by theorising.