So who won the Rab Nebula Jacket??

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
wl

wl

wl

Thank you to everyone who entered this competition, I've really enjoyed reading the entries and have compiled a short list - of everyone (!!), as follows:

(I've included my favourite bit of each write up.  If you haven't read any of the entries, make yourself a brew and take a look - I guarantee they'll raise a smile (or grimace, or reminder of when you've had an epic  :coffee: ;))

JoshW            (Git)

Hall2501        I'm glad this is Mike's wetsuit

Mjenkinson    We just parked up next to each other in the snow, wound the windows down and stared at each other

aricooperdavis    apparently they'd got a testicle trapped in their leg strap

Cap'nChris    The return journey out of the cave was interesting because it was like walking on someone else's legs

Chunky          Poor Chloe!

Dregson        I leant against the roof the of the car to pull off a boot then couldn't remove my hand.  The frost had
                    seized my wet rubber glove and glued it to the metal

Steviet_scg  tea  and biscuits (nice).  Sergeant Major type (not nice)

cavemanmike  So it's official, there is a haunted passage in Bagshaw Caverns

Jackalpup      Plural adjective would be a clown of cavers

Yorkshire Tea  We were finally warm and safe INSIDE the cave

Tilster          and eat a celebratory chocolate bar because we aren't dead

elfears          day dreaming of my Lara Croft like agility & strength

AR                wasn't generating enough warmth to stop  me wondering if I had a future career singing soprano

MeshK        Upon dubiously leaving the relative warmth of the cave we discovered that whilst underground we had
                  missed the start of the apocalypse

Over The Hill  Thing was the grenade went ding, ding and more dings

Jenks         
296551_176333342452394_89134872_n.jpg

Dgreenwall  admiring the spiders staring at us on the way in

Mrs Bottlebank  One of our team had a fabulous old red transit converted into a camper / caver luxury changing
                        facility

Bratchley          I noticed the stitching had mostly torn on the left leg loop connection to the central maillon webbing
                      (he was on a pitch!)

Frawlegh          We had reached The Canal and that yes it was swimming time

Ian.P              so I realised there was nothing for it but to strip off to my pants in a bid to warm myself
                      (He was at Clapham Station {Dales not London!})

The Wonderbull Some great phrases:  Yorkshire exotic weather & razor rain + 'Caving definitely was for me'

(Note R Turnbull - you will be entered into the Spanset Gold competition as your entry was more of a trip report)

So that's 23 entries - and the winner chosen via random.org is..........23  :D  (Posted with under half an hour to go!)

Congratulations The Wonderbull!!

Once again, thanks to all who entered and thank you to Rab for supporting the forum and keeping one caver warm this Winter  (y) (y)

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Mrs Bottlebank said:
Oh that's a shame you missed me out although there were some other good stories. Never mind will have a go at another one perhaps a need to perfect my story telling techniques.

Sorry Mrs Bottlebank - you'll hopefully see now that you were included - I just had a bit of a technical issue, only posted half the post, whole thing is there now  ;)

Mrs Bottlebank

Hi

No I speed read (not had enough tea yet this morning) Comment was modified whilst you I think where replying (also modifying).  ;)

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
No worries, I have drunk a LOT of tea whilst reading through all the entries this morning  ;)

TheWonderBull

Wow I don't know what to say!!

Thank you!!  ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed the tale and I'm now sitting here with my coffee reading the rest!