Buffs to be won!!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
WIN A BUFF!!

wl

wl

www.buffwear.co.uk

Buffs are great for keeping you warm when caving, walking to the caves and getting changed.

(y) Buffera, the UK Distributors have kindly offered UKC some to give away, thank you (y)

[size=18pt]Want to win one??

Post a photograph of yourself or someone else wearing a Buff whilst caving (preferably) or enjoying the great outdoors. Or if you haven't got a photograph tell us a tale 'I used my Buff to splint my mate's arm after he broke it down Quaking......'

Haven't got a Buff but would like to win one??  No problem, just tell us why you'd like one!

Competition closes midnight, 31st January 2016. Winner chosen at random.

There will be 5 prizes - I'll post photos as soon as they arrive.
1st prize winner gets first choice and so on, they'll all be great though  ;)

Good luck!!
[/size]​

ianball11

Perhaps a tad lazy and perhaps not a buff but...

22178078671_965657f35c_m.jpg

YSS multifunctional head wear selfie zzzzzzz

Snoozing on the train to caving

christine

'Think' this was Rowten - in my mid 20s. Or maybe it was Cow Pot....
If I don't win a Buff I'll definitely win the early alzheimers competition...... :confused:

Can somebody tell me? Thanks.... :-[

Stupot

Philippines Expedition with a UV Buff, being a strawberry blonde I need all the protection I can get  ;)

SP2015_zpsf6naarqj.jpg

Pitlamp

I wonder what someone like Calvert (organiser of the very first winch meet in 1896) would have thought of that picture . . . .      :LOL:

aricooperdavis

I've not worn a buff whilst caving yet since I lost mine whilst hiking the GR20 in Corsica; so here's a photo of that instead.

Brains

From June '09. Wearing a buff to keep all of Derbyshires flying insects out of nose and mouth - they all live in Spinney level in the Via Gellia
12068545_320304711426761_3209037718133363407_o.jpg

pwhole

My black Merino Buff recently held my head together long enough to get medical attention after losing an argument with the JH shaft lid shortly after removing my helmet in a gale - I know, I know, but my lamp wasn't working. It soaked up all the blood (invisibly!) and nicely sealed the wound, and it kept my head warmer than it would have been in the usual Rowter Farm hurricane, as my brain wasn't exposed to the draught (that may have been a good idea, in retrospect). I'm so glad it wasn't a white one.

Duncan Price

Pegasus said:
'I used my Buff to splint my mate's arm after he broke it down Quaking......'

Naomi used her buff to stop her blood squirting over Old Ruminator after she got hit in the side of the face by a large boulder in Reservoir Hole.  No photos - we were occupied with getting a rock of O.R's finger at the time though O.R. might have some pictures of the blood stains taken later.

hannahb

Here's me after exiting Rift Pot (Allotment), tucking everything in and trying to cover up all exposed flesh against the wind, waiting for the others coming up the last couple of pitches. It was so much warmer underground. The waterproof & windproof hat I 'won' for tidying up in Mistral Hole also helped  ;)

23625267713_541d8740cb_z.jpg

popeass1

I don't own a buff, but if I did I could go caving "in the buff" without putting my companions off their lunch! 😉

paull

Cumbria ore Mine Rescue Unit Buff, great for protection from the down draft off the S92
12391862_510363815797880_2200990659683029481_n.jpg

Fiona

I don't have a buff or a photo but I'd like one and I'm sure Spike wants me to stop stealing his. They're really warm and I won't have to keep trying to explain SRT to my hairdresser.

A_Northerner

I've gone for a different approach here - this is a picture of me wearing my SUSS Buff as a skirt at my first ever Northern CHECC at Bullpot Farm.

1899993_1549167651975770_1916806282_n.jpg

AR

pwhole said:
... it kept my head warmer than it would have been in the usual Rowter Farm hurricane, as my brain wasn't exposed to the draught (that may have been a good idea, in retrospect).

Well, it would have been a new and unusual way to blow your brains?:LOL:

I don't have a photo of me wearing a buff, but Lampwick does - I'll see if he'll let me post a link to it here.