Dalesbridge camping field

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you attending Eurospeleo 2016 but not familiar with The Dalesbridge Centre I thought I'd pop this photo up taken yesterday evening.

It's a beautiful spot, as is the whole area and looked glorious in the evening sunshine.

wl

wl

http://www.dalesbridge.co.uk/

wl

Speleotron

I remember sleeping without a tent in a huge puddle there after an epic at CHECC 2011, I think the whole thing sumped.

JJ

I consider Dalesbridge's camping fields  to be as well drained if not better drained than any of the surrounding area. They are however very flat so when saturated they can take a couple of days to dry off. It does occasionally rain in the Dales :(

I have been assured by the organisers of Eurospeleo that strategies and infrastructure will be in place to mitigate against any unfortunate occurrence of bad weather. Although I am yet to hear as to what that will exactly involve.

JJ
Dalesbridge

JJ

Oh Pegasus thank you for posting. Lovely photo, did I note slightly elevated photographic position  ;)

Speleotron

I wasnt complaining about the field, when I was there in 2011 there was monsoon rain for a few days and everything in the area was flooded.

frawleyh

Are we likely to be tight for camping space? My tent isn't exactly small so I'd have to find someone to borrow a smaller one off....

damian

frawleyh said:
Are we likely to be tight for camping space? My tent isn't exactly small so I'd have to find someone to borrow a smaller one off....
Should be fine .... I reckon most cavers have pretty small tents, and there are some large fields to fill!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
The field is full of marquees this evening - weather too horrid to stop and take a photo, however worry not the forecast is good for next week  8)

wl