WANTED - Tackle Bags

DKendrick

I'm after a few Tackle Bags, the bigger, the better!  At least one needs to be big enough to stow a 10m ladder.

Thanks
Duncan

owd git

Hi Duncan, have you concidered flat coiling your ladders?: flip from clockwise to anti;clockwise between rungs. 8 M. ladder in shot.
Picture.jpg

takes a fraction of the space .O.G. (y)

Mattrees

owd git said:
Hi Duncan, have you concidered flat coiling your ladders?: flip from clockwise to anti;clockwise between rungs. 8 M. ladder in shot.
Picture.jpg

takes a fraction of the space .O.G. (y)

What witchcraft is this? I've never seen this before. Does it tend to kink the wires? I'm going to have a play with my ladder and see if I can making it work.

owd git

No kinks whatsoever, a little more care unfurling to avoid rungs passing through. but worth the space saving and kinking wires by squashing a rolled ladder.

CatM

I've never seen that method before either!  :eek: I'll have to give it a go... thanks for sharing!

Fulk

Hi owd git, when a ladder's coiled like that, does it have to be 'constrained' somehow ? with a tape sling, say ?  to stop it flying apart, or does it stay coiled?

Pete K

I have Daleswear 'gold flash' bags for sale. Size XS, S, M & L available. See my Facebook Duncan.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
DKendrick said:
I'm after a few Tackle Bags, the bigger, the better!  At least one needs to be big enough to stow a 10m ladder.

Thanks
Duncan

Hi Duncan, we have a pile of shiny new tackle bags here at UKC HQ just waiting to be given away as Cave Conservation Rewards!

http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=18713.0

If you don't know of anywhere that needs cleaning, ask on the forum and I'm sure folks will have some ideas  :idea: :idea:

Pegasus

DKendrick

Pegasus - I'd be keen to do my bit!
I was in Suicide at the weekend (on assessment, so a bit knackered) and noticed a bit there. I'll see if I can pop back with a bin bag soon.
Thanks for letting me know.