Swan mine access

Burt

I know there has been a bit of feather ruffling over the last 12 months about mine access in the Bath area. Has this affected Swan mine? what's the current access protocol?

royfellows

I doubt any issues although have not been down for a couple of years. There are actually 2 entrances, the front and one above involving a crawl through what appears to be old metal chair frames.

Dont think the pub likes you using their car park though, I park in the lane on the left a bit higher up.

Minion

Access should be ok, it's not exactly in someones garden is it?  :)

For parking, just after the pub is a turning down to the left, as you turn down there, you'll notice enough off road parking for about 3 cars.

I prefer to use the front entrance, it means you have to squeeze through the fun letterbox to access the main mine which is fun.

Les W

Swan access is fine. As other said, don't use the pub car park without their permission.
We have always asked them if we can park in their car  :beer:park. They have always said yes and obviously you will be going in after for a pint or two...

If you don't intend drinking in the pub after then park down the lane.

dugadig

Les W said:
Swan access is fine. As other said, don't use the pub car park without their permission.
We have always asked them if we can park in their car  :beer:park. They have always said yes and obviously you will be going in after for a pint or two...

If you don't intend drinking in the pub after then park down the lane.

Yep that's what I have done before. Pete and Sue? I think are or were the proprietors.
The entrance through the chairs I believe was done as a safer alternative to the main entrance passage.. and it does look horrendous!