Llygad Llwychr 2

welshcaver96

Hello me and freind recently visited ll2 after previously visiting the cave several times we decided to do a thorough trip this time. Starting in the main river passage following down into the sump examining all formations carefully then moving upwards to the mid sections reaching the duck point we noticed some damage on one of the formations sadly last time we visited this was an amazing formation with outstanding structure to be able to not only damage but demolish this fine decrotive formation there would of had to of been allot of heavy force. Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this.

thanks

welshcaver96

welshcaver96

Thankyou for making this clear to me i was very dissapointed to see this damage as it is unnecessary to destroy something with such spectacular history saddening really.

Thankyou

Maximhobbs1

My friend tony D visited there yet other month and said that it looked as if some idiot had gone in with hand torches and through stones at some of the formations. Sad reality.

welshcaver96

It really is the sad reality of today nothing better to do but demolish pure beauty and history makes me angry  :mad:

It was great to see Llygad Llwchwr 2 after visiting LL1 and being able to appreciate how it must have once looked. Hopefully such damage will not become more common.

At least anything upstream could well remain dive/sump protected.