Little folding knife

jwhistler

Years ago I bought a tiny folding stainless steel knife with a linerlock mechanism (so you could open it one-handed, but it never came open by itself). It was really tiny - no more than a couple of inches blade length - so I could hang it on a cord round my neck under my undersuit, along with a small emergency whistle.

I've lost the knife so need to replace it before I go on an expedition on 7 Jul. Does anyone know where I could get something similar? Googled it but struggling to find anything suitable.

Thanks,
Jo

Ed

The Lady bug is very good or the Spyderco Joker if you can find one (wish  I had never sold mine now)

Or if a bit bigger the Spyderco rescue - full size but light enough to carry around your neck. Mine has been carried caving, climbing, diving etc for a good few years and still look like new and holds a razor edge

Joe90

Hi,

I have the spiderco ladybug, its a fantastic little knife. I wear it as you say around the neck with a whistle.

The trango one that was mentioned I haven't owned but I know a couple people that do, I think. Looks like it. They had issues with it opening I believe.

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

SamT

Always just had one of these.. cheap.. sharp.. stainless.. will do what you need it to do..

http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/acatalog/cavers-knife-image.html

bollocks if im spending 60 quid on a knife I'll hopefully neve use. 

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

droid

A collector.

I've seen similar ones made by another Sheffield maker and can fully understand why people would want to own one.

Mattrees

adam said:
Spyderco ladybug salt. Quite pricey but the dog's actual proverbials.

Agree with this, I have the hawkbill shaped one.

Small, light, impervious to corrosion and the blade design means it cuts much more than it's size suggests.

1_sclyls3hb_600.jpg

Joe90

Fulk said:
Who the f*** needs a 16-inch-bladed knife costing damn near ?500?

It takes skill to make a good tool, and people are willing to spend for it.
Look at it like buying a Rude Nora or a Energizer headtorch.

My Spyderco that I assumed was a Ladybug isn't a ladybug, I looked at getting another in a more superior colour like orange.

After emailing them to ask if its a fake as I couldn't see it listed, turns out it's a very rare knife. Only very few or the Jester model were sold in Red, and only in Japan. One was on eBay for 250usd. Which I wouldn't spend on it, but I'm not a collector. Good find I think :)

Here it is, with a pint for scale ;)
3a143c19fa2b1dd2c133e3afe43b54a8.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

SamT

Mattrees said:

Small, light, impervious to corrosion and the blade design means it cuts much more than it's size suggests.

But 60 quid!! - We are just talking about something you carry with you on a trip in case you need to cut a rope in an emergency yeah.  :blink:

paul

SamT said:
Mattrees said:

But 60 quid!! - We are just talking about something you carry with you on a trip in case you need to cut a rope in an emergency yeah.  :blink:

How about this instead, Sam?

swissarmyknife-300x282.jpg

Priced at a cool $70,000, this stellar Swiss army knife features platinum shells and flawless diamonds. It includes a large blade, small blade, nail file, nail cleaner, sciossors, orange-peeler, screwdriver and tweezers. Each tool is encrusted with diamonds, except for the tweezers.

SamT

paul said:
SamT said:
Mattrees said:

How about this instead, Sam?

swissarmyknife-300x282.jpg

Priced at a cool $70,000, this stellar Swiss army knife features platinum shells and flawless diamonds. It includes a large blade, small blade, nail file, nail cleaner, sciossors, orange-peeler, screwdriver and tweezers. Each tool is encrusted with diamonds, except for the tweezers.
I'll take 2 please.. incase one gets mucky..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk