Cave rescue record

Joe Duxbury

In the film 'Rainman', the character played by Dustin Hoffman refuses to fly, stating that the only airline with a 100% record of no crashes is Quantas.
In the same vein, is there any British caving club that has a 100% record of having had none of its members rescued from a cave on a club trip?

cap n chris

Easy! Of course there is; just start one from scratch and it'll have a blemish-free record. Quantas Caving Club has a certain ring to it.

Ship-badger

I suppose it depends on what you would define as a "Club trip". I think there are probably quite a few Clubs that have not had a call-out on one of their "official" Club trips; it's what members get up to off their own backs that leads to trouble maybe.

ah147

Ship-badger said:
I suppose it depends on what you would define as a "Club trip". I think there are probably quite a few Clubs that have not had a call-out on one of their "official" Club trips; it's what members get up to off their own backs that leads to trouble maybe.

Don't say that or they'll be calls to only allow official club trips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAA

Swaledale Outdoor Club is pretty active as a caving club (trip per fortnight at least) since the 60's and hasn't had one to my knowledge, although almost had once thanks to myself. Depends how you qualify a caving club? ;-)