Crescent Cave

bagpuss

Was wondering if this cave was still possible to visit? Last info I can find online suggests that there was a collapse a few years back. It's the cave close to Chartist Cave up on Llangynidr. Thanks

Alkapton

I have never been in, but I know the enterence and am up for a visit though I won't do solo in that cave.  The enterence is very unstable. Nobody from Brynmaur seems willing to go. Once a few people mostly from Brynmaur went they were also most of the local cave rescue team.  Cave collapsed while they were in I think they dug themselves out.
If this does not put you off the idea pm me its just a place I won't go solo.

NigR

The way into the extension (below the entrance chamber) is still totally impassable.

However, reopening it would be a really worthwhile project for anybody keen enough.

Very good potential here.

(A word of caution: the first part of the cave is entirely in grit - hence the current blockage - so be careful down there!)

mudman

Unless anyone has dug it out in the last year then it will still be blocked.
Huge from this forum took a look a while back. If I remember rightly, he and another chap dug some of the blockage out but it would take need some work to reopen it fully.

Huge

And that's only the first blockage. There's another one, lower down, that was reported before the upper one!