Caves named after beer

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Judging by the thousand plus gallons drunk at Eurospeleo beer seems popular with cavers  :beer:

Recently the team involved in a new discovery in the Dales named many of the cave features after their favourite beers to the delight of local landlords.  What other cave places are named after beer?

wl

Rob

Absolution, off the Titan Streamway in Peak:

Attachments

• thumbnail_Absolution Pump Clip.jpg
    thumbnail_Absolution Pump Clip.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 110

Graigwen

The Mendip Beer Monster's Secret Tap Room in Peak Cavern.

(Well, something to do with beer anyway.)

Graigwen

Graigwen said:
The Mendip Beer Monster's Secret Tap Room in Peak Cavern.

(Well, something to do with beer anyway.)

I should have added that I think Beer Monster was at one time brewed by Oakham Brewery.

richardg

The White Rose Pothole Club managed to obviously combine hours of successful digging with consuming copious quantities of real ale in the pub afterwards ....

Going by the number of new discoveries they named after their individual members favorite pub drink.....

Alex

I occasionally dig with the "Black sheep" diggers. Although they are not a cave, they are a team who explores caves.  (Black sheep is a well known Dales beer brand).

Huge

There are two chambers in Draenen named after local pubs (Riflemans and Lamb & Fox) and another one named after the rugby club where MCC used to meet (Old Illtydians). Plenty of beer consumed by the diggers in each of them (the pubs, that is, not the chambers!).