Scaffolding supplies

EwanCameron

markpot said:
Can anyone point me in the direction of a scaff supplier in the matlock area?any help much appreciated
TRS In Chesterfield are everywhere at the moment they might know where to get some Paul is a nice lad or glen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owd git

I always approach ALS, I know Al' and he's happy to sell clips for a quid ,boards etc negotiable, put a list up I'll give him a bell!  (y) text if really urgent PMed no-
Ric'

alastairgott

AH might be able to get you some, he's in chesterfield area, seems to always say yes to cavers. (in a roundabout way he's supplied Nidderdale with scaff through Nick). [Scaff bars only though]

or Tpot seems to know someone.

martinb

There is a bloke off Matlock Road, Chesterfield who sells scaff and clips. He has charged us ?1/foot in the past and had a lot of aluminium scaff as well as heavy steel stuff, he also charged us ?1 per clip for older clips, either ?1.50 or ?2 for new clips.

I just can't put my hand on his number at the moment. I'll check with my digging buddy.

On a related topic, does anyone have a supplier of scaff boards/kick boards? We have a slope that is a tad damp and I need to create 'steps' to stabilise it? 4 foot boards should do the trick - probably about 6 or 8.

alastairgott

Martin, I think Tpot might be able to sort you out with boards. (think they usually come in 12ft lengths).

both of my suggestions above are free, if available.

Mark Wright

ah147 said:
Mark, I have tonnes of 6ft tube you can have for nowt. Possibly the same with boards depending what lengths you need.

Open offer to any diggers in Derbyshire. PM me to sort out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Eldon Hole project has benefited immensely from the above offer ah147 made. We collect the tubes from his scaffolding company in Chesterfield.

Thanks again Ash.

We don't use scaffold boards in the dig but ah147 did offer boards as well.

We buy our fittings from the main scaffold supplier in Sheffield and pay ?1.00 (cash) per fitting, doubles or singles. These are usually new fittings when we buy them in bags of 25 and usually second hand if buying less than a bag full. ?1.00 appears to be the common (trade) price for them.

I have a couple of bags of surplus to requirement swivels (non load bearing) that you can have for ?1.00 each, collected from Rotherham.

Mark

markpot

Many thanks for the help and advice.its mainly steel tubes i'm after.OG,I will give u a call if I get stuck.