Knox Aven, Giants - Who's dug there?

Rob

Knox Aven is at the eastern end of Ghost Rift, in Giants. I first visited this site last week, mainly to get it on the Survex master file.

I know a few Eldonites made some progress a few years ago, but has anyone else dug up there, or know who did originally?

The passage at the top is ~10m long to the dig face. I'm interested to know how much of this length has been dug, and what the fill has been like along its length...

shotlighter

Rob said:
Knox Aven is at the eastern end of Ghost Rift, in Giants. I first visited this site last week, mainly to get it on the Survex master file.

I know a few Eldonites made some progress a few years ago, but has anyone else dug up there, or know who did originally?

The passage at the top is ~10m long to the dig face. I'm interested to know how much of this length has been dug, and what the fill has been like along its length...
IIRC it was Ross Evans of CCPC who first bolted it & discounted it in the 80's.
We went for another look about 95 armed with some SG80 but decided it wasn't worth the bother at that time.

Rob

shotlighter said:
...We went for another look about 95 armed with some SG80 but decided it wasn't worth the bother at that time.
Thanks for this. Do you remember much of a passage at the top in '95?

shotlighter

Rob said:
shotlighter said:
...We went for another look about 95 armed with some SG80 but decided it wasn't worth the bother at that time.
Thanks for this. Do you remember much of a passage at the top in '95?
Other than low and awkward to get into off the rope, not a lot I'm afraid.
Seemed a lot shorter than 10m too.
Sorry, but it was 20 odd years ago.