China chambers 3D

TheBitterEnd

Just thought I'd give this a bump, 125 views and only one comment?

Best if you play the vids and scroll the images...

Bottlebank

Not sure if I'm getting the full experience, there's a scroll button that doesn't seem to work and the frontpage (with text on it) disappears before you can read it?

Simon Wilson

Wonderful and amazing. Congratulations to the team.

You will need a decent computer and you need to realise how the unusual scrolling presentation works but when you do the whole slickness of the presentation adds to the experience.

WOW!....That was an amazing watch!

Well done to all the team...without your efforts, and people like you, we (the majority) would never be able to experience this amzing planet and what it has to offer....Brilliant guys, bloody brilliant  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

richardg

:coffee: Magnificent exploration you guys!

Really nice write up on Andy Eavis, Its nice to have someone with street cred representing the office of Chairman on our National Caving representing body...

Good team work putting this together.

Colorful pictures, attractive surveys and a thrilling story line with genuine human endeavour promoting our chosen pursuit is always a good thing,

Thank you.

Richard.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
My original reply seems to have gone astray, however it went something like this...

Cap'n Chris said:
Badlad said:
Some cool photographs and scans from a little survey trip we did last year.  Possibly the future...

The present, surely?

Yes, of course you are right.  What I was suggesting was that this gives a glimpse into the future possibilities for cave surveys.  If you go to the end of the piece and use your the scroll button you can see a sequence of Carsten Peter's photographs from the Miaos Room which are linked together by a 3D 'fly through' of the actual cave.  The fly through goes from photo to photo and uses the 3D scan in between, which has been enhanced by the technical experts at National Geographic.  They used the high resolution laser scan but added texture, light and shadow to the walls to give a more graphic image.  With the likes of the hand held 'Zebbedee' laser scanner already on the market this sort of enhanced survey may become more common in years to come.

cap n chris

Badlad said:
With the likes of the hand held 'Zebbedee' laser scanner already on the market this sort of enhanced survey may become more common in years to come.

:) Seems a certainty and should revolutionise cave surveying.